Our Mission and Vision
Our purpose is to make disciples who make disciples that win the lost and expand God’s kingdom with the love of Jesus Christ.
Kingdom expansion by transforming lives, communities and the current of society from the inside out through the Word of God, the love of Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our vision is to transform a community of people who transform the current of society for God’s kingdom and eternity.
The River Christian Center will effectively minister to those in the community to meet spiritual needs, but also physical, emotional, educational, and economic needs through providing programs and setting up establishments that address the day-to-day needs of the community. When we make a difference in individual lives, the effects will impact the family, the neighborhood, and the community—as those who have been touched will reach out and touch someone else. Through transforming lives based on the truth of God’s Word, we intend to spread the message of Jesus Christ in practical and impractical ways and change the current of society.
The Vision, explained:
- “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint” (Isaiah 40:31).
- “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” (Romans 12:2).
- “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day” (2 Corinthians 4:16).
- “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,”(Titus 3:5).
- “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me” (John 17:22-23).
- “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity” (Colossians 3: 12-14).
- “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 5:13-16).
- “He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end” (Ecclesiastes 3:11).
“Transformation from the inside out”
This means that real transformation starts from within (within the community, within each neighborhood, within each family and within each person). As a person’s heart is transformed on the inside by the power of the Holy Spirit a ripple effect of transformation outward will occur in our communities and ultimately change the current of society.